Purpose of Position:
To develop, negotiate and secure new customer contracts in line with strategic sales objectives as well as expand the existing customer base. This includes prospecting, promotion through all customer departments, presentations, proposals and negotiation of the final purchase order.
- Identify, target, and call on prospects to determine their needs for solutions.
- Secure new customers and product sales in line with strategic company objectives. This includes prospecting, promotion through all customer departments, presentations, proposals and negotiation of the final purchase order.
- Develop retention strategies for existing customers and cross sell all relevant product technologies and company services.
- Build and maintain strong relationship in customer’s organization - both decision makers and influencers.
- Identify key decision makers and influencers as well as the decision making process within prospects and customs.
- Maintain sound knowledge of products, industry needs, competitor activity and communicate market changes to sales management, engineering and other stakeholders.
- Project manage internal and external customers from the product development stage into serial production.
- Remain current with technical knowledge, prepare and present technical presentations and documents
- Work with cross functional team and clearly communicate customer needs to meet stringent global noise and emission standards and cost targets.
- Be the principal point of contact and be “the owner” of assigned customers and prospects.
- Supervise and manage assigned staff which is anticipated will include Program Managers
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years technical sales experience preferably in the off-road equipment or industrial engine sector.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical diploma.
- Product quoting experiences in a manufacturing environment, preferably in metal fabrication, exhaust systems or fabricated tube business.
- Creative thinker helping customers to envision the potential of our solutions.
- Proven track record with sales engagements and new customer acquisition.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (written and oral)
- Must have the ability to interact with various levels of management and staff internally and within customer organizations.
- Strong presentation skills in addition to proven negotiation skills essential in establishing customer contracts.
- Results driven, competitive, persuasive and consistent with entrepreneurial focus
- Passion for promoting integrity, big picture vision, and strategic development
- Experience giving presentations to management regarding project results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer skills (MS Office including previous use of MS Access, MS Project Software)
- Adaptable with often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
To be Competitive in this position, you must have:
- Strong networking skills
- Pay attention to details
- Be a clear communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be aggressive and determined
- Have exceptional customer-interaction skills
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)