Scope of Position:
Coordinate new product pricing including responsibility for quotations; liaise with other departments (Engineering, Supply Chain, Production, etc.) to gather necessary data and to derive pricing. Maintain the new product pricing platform (excel model), costing database including key assumptions and links to Engineering database. Work with Sales & Engineering to research new product requirements. Coordinate pricing estimates/quotations with JV personnel. Routinely present new pricing proposals/results to management.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Ensure that estimates reflect current costs and that the costing database is kept up-to-date.
- Review design options and manufacturability, adopting best practices based on cost, engineering process, availability of materials and/or other factors.
- Liaise with Supply Chain for component/material cost updates as necessary.
- Conduct detailed analysis of completed estimates including benchmarking against similar products.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Participate in the end-of-life process for products and programs and manage the service only pricing process.
- Participate in internal and external CI activities and ensure proper reporting of such.
- Maintain and factually present LTA based price change proposals.
- Lead the process of standardizing the internal and external costings in-, and outputs
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Technical Diploma in Engineering or Cost Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Estimating or Project Controls /Cost Control related field
- Commercial/sales analysis experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated accountability for costing a job out from start to finish
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and blueprints. Knowledge of AutoCad an asset
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Formal presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision
- Collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)