Purpose of Position:
Supporting the developing and detailing the of exhaust products ensuring customer and internal requirements are met.
- Development of CAD models for the exhaust system designs using Pro-E Wildfire 5.
- Detailing of drawings to CSA and AWS standards.
- Implementation of GD&T on drawings and supporting customer discussions on the best implementation.
- Development of BOMs for prototype, production and quotation activities.
- Implementation of the BOMs and routings into the ERP system.
- Supporting design review activities.
- Aid in the development of quotations.
- Supporting the document control process for drawing release and change procedures.
- Support cross functional team in the development of continuous improvement activities of existing products within the organization.
- Review product design to ensure compliance with internal DFM/A rules.
- Working with Process Engineering in the development of DFM/A design rule.
- Communication & coordination with other departments as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical Technician Diploma or CAD Design Diploma from an accredited institution
- CET Designation
- 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Design
- 5-10 years’ experience with Pro-E
- Strong understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Strong understanding of welding and metal forming processes
- Experience with Syspro ERP system considered an asset
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)