Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the design and development of industry leading exhaust systems for spark ignited and compression ignition engines in the off-road market
- Use Creo Parametric to design and model complete exhaust systems including mufflers, resonators, thermal shields, decoupling elements and other related devices
- Considerations include acoustics, vibrations, heat transfer, fluids, materials and fatigue
- Analyze using ANSYS, engineering principals & judgment, technical specifications, and standards to meet necessary requirements
- Ensure design is manufacturable, review & approve drawings with GD&T, and follow APQP practices with DFMEA, DFM/A and DVP&R for risk mitigation
- Lead product development through concept initiation, planning, design, prototype and production launch
- Document and coordinate validation requirements and planning with test laboratory
- Collaborate directly with customer engineers to understand issues, define objectives and create solutions
- Support the development of cost estimates for quoting purposes
- Lead technical meetings and coordinate internally with Sales, Quality, Production and Engineering representatives for quick response with projects
- Participate in developing innovative approaches to continue our advancement of industry and technological leading exhaust systems
- Support and track prototype and quotation requests for new product introduction
- Communication & coordination with all other departments & vendors
- All other duties as assigned
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Licensed professional engineer or eligible through PEO
- Software: Creo Parametric, ANSYS, Windchill PDMLink
- Experience with internal combustion engines and exhaust systems, specifically NVH,
- Training in ASME Y14.5, GD&T
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, sheet metal forming and welding
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)