Purpose of Position: Handling of sourcing and commodity management activities of assigned categories of materials and services for existing requirements and future business plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the sourcing and commodity management of assigned materials and services required for the existing requirements and future business plans.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal departments for involvement with all stages of requirements (acquisition to serial life) for fulfillment of purchasing role.
- Identify and assess suppliers, determine their capabilities and qualify towards Active Exhaust’s systems compliance, for company’s existing and future needs of materials, equipment, services and allied items.
- Ensure to obtain completed and acknowledged documentation from the suppliers as per Active Exhaust’s systems requirements.
- Obtain requirement details and specifications from internal customers for issuance of RFI, RFP & RFQs in accordance to company’s procedures.
- Obtain and evaluate quotes for comparative presentation and award decisions in compliance to company’s procedure.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain the best value price, consistent with specified engineered standards of quality, safety, minimum lead time and consistent on time delivery.
- Responsible for supplier relationships for communication and coordination with all other departments with regards to purchasing matters.
- Complies with all new methods, systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective operation of purchasing activities.
- Maintain contacts with the markets or suppliers from which the Buyer obtains materials and services and keeps Management fully advised of market status, trends, availability and projected performance.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement of department/plant operations and strives to meet or exceed Cost Reduction Goals.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Purchasing certification/designation preferred
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years similar experience in a manufacturing environment; metal fabrication preferred,
- Experience in strategic sourcing, commodity management, RFI, RFP, RFQ, supplier assessment, cost /pricing analysis and control, negotiations, management of customer nominated suppliers, Shipping / INCO terms.
- Knowledge of MRP environment. Previous Syspro experience a definite asset.
- Ability to manage priorities and time without constant supervision.
- Solid understanding of accepted purchasing principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of logistics, inventory management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and mathematical skills.
- Must be fluent in English (written/verbal).
As part of our recruitment process, we invite you to complete the Predictive Index survey which is inclusive of our recruitment and selection process. Candidates are assessed by a portfolio of selection tools including in person interviews and background checks and work references. To participate in the recruitment process for this position, please click on the link below. The survey is not timed and the results are held in confidence with Active Exhaust’s HR department. Predictive Index Assessment
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)