- To manage all sourcing activities, including subcontract, within the organization and establish a robust and cost effective supply chain for the business.
- Assess the effectiveness of current sourcing function to determine where opportunities exist for pricing and contract re-negotiations, contract/vendor consolidations, or alternative goods/ services evaluations.
- Liaise with other internal departments to ensure that policies and procedures are being strictly adhered to.
- Execute strategic sourcing projects using best practices for data acquisition and evaluation, risk assessment, stakeholder identification and involvement, using RFP evaluations and contract negotiations.
- Provide recommendations to Management by presenting on completed project/category savings and category spend analysis.
- Develop and implement Supply Agreements with Key Vendors and other projects that benefit the company through reduced pricing, increased efficiencies, and/or reduced risk.
- Identify and manage key supplier relationships, participate in strategic sourcing pricing/terms negotiations.
- Establish relationships with vendors that are pre-determined by customers and supply negotiate agreements.
- Execute the plan and maintain a supply chain that is founded on best practices.
- Manage the department using PPV (Purchase Price Variances) and supplier scorecards.
- Responsible for managing and providing strategic direction and minimizing cost and transit times with respect to all aspects of inbound/outbound freight and customs compliance covering Active’s global presence.
- Develop, maintain and monitor customs & logistic supplier contracts and relationship including billing, compliance, duty/tariff codes and the maximization of duty recovery including.
- Continually evaluate and rationalize current supplier base, choosing strategic cost effective and dependable suppliers.
- Analyze and report on KPI’s (including fuel surcharges, expediting costs, freight consolidation, additional 3PL locations).
- Manage and expand, as required, Active’s remote warehousing including 3PL warehouse locations.
- Ensure continued compliance with all customer paperwork, labeling, routing and freight handling requirements.
- Evaluate packaging for cost effective utilization of transportation (size and density, ocean and air).
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base and compliance with all relevant jurisdictions in which Active participates/trades.
- Oversee and be responsible for certain designated aspects of the Procurement function. Specifically, you will initially manage the joint venture, as well as, other LCC part/component ordering and receipts. Ensuing part supply is adequate to meet production/customer needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Related Degree plus a minimum 10 years’ related experience within a metal fabrication or automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience across the supply chain – customer service, logistics, warehousing, inventory, procurement.
- SCMP designation would be an advantage.
- Solid experience in international logistics import/export protocol.
- Cross border NAFTA regulations/process, control and execution.
- Ability to streamline and implement policies and procedures while bringing best practices from past experience to develop the company for scale
- Proficiency in ERP systems and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and experience with large data sets
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of Material Requirements Planning concepts and systems.
- Excellent organization skills required.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Good time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be customer-focused, team oriented and accountable
As part of our recruitment process, we invite you to complete the Predictive Index survey which is inclusive of our recruitment and selection process. Candidates are assessed by a portfolio of selection tools including in person interviews and background checks and work references. To participate in the recruitment process for this position, please click on the link below. The survey is not timed and the results are held in confidence with Active Exhaust’s HR department. Predictive Index Assessment
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)