Purpose of Position: This role is primarily responsible for the day-to-day function of safety, quality and efficiency in the production department. Production to be completed on time with 100% accuracy, as determined by the Master Scheduler, in order to meet the production schedule and on time delivery to the customer. Keeps production team and management informed of any material concerns on quality, quantity or any other issues that may affect the production department efficiency and utilization.
Flexibility to work Day, Afternoon and/or Midnight Shift required.
- Ensures that established standards for labour efficiency & utilization, material utilization & product quality are met within the departments.
- Participate in daily production shift hand over meetings & ensures that the department is following production schedule & implements corrective action to prevent deviation in order to meet due dates.
- Responsible to ensure that all production is completed accurately, within Active Exhaust Corp's quality standards and on time as per production schedule.
- Complies & ensures that all necessary reports (production, labour, rework, scrap and attendance) & written documentation complies with Active Exhaust Corp. policies & procedures as well as updates and maintains all visual whiteboards.
- Responsible for material storage lay out, proper identification, labeling and storage of all material used in the plant.
- Analyze and responsible for all inventory discrepancies.
- Daily shift meeting shall be held with all employees about safety, quality, efficiency and any other concerns or issues.
- Enforce and actively promote safe work and good housekeeping practices within the current Ontario Safety Legislation and the Active Exhaust Corp. safety program by employing daily job observation.
- Adheres to safety practices and lockout applications. Participates in all 5S activities.
- Ensures proper training and instruction of employees with respect to expected standards of work performance, quality and job safety.
- Ensures that new/untrained operators are not assigned work for which they have not been adequately trained.
- Other duties as required.
- Post- Secondary Education with a technical focus and experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in metal fabrication
- Experience and knowledge in metal fabrication, tube bending/forming, welding
- Effective communication skills to effectively interact across all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership, coaching and team building skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing and multiple priorities to meet aggressive deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Computer proficient MS Office (Word, Excel)
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)