Purpose of Position:
Focus on customer satisfaction in all tasks and provide project leadership to ensure customer deliverables and program timing are met.
- Define project success criteria and timelines to parties throughout the project life cycle and communicate clear project expectations to team members and all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain project database including timelines for tooling, delivery dates and request for quotes and coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure project status reports are prepared as required, appropriately detailed and distributed.
- Manage all aspects of successful implantation and satisfactory completion of projects.
- Facilitate positive stakeholder relations with customers, vendors, and internal departments.
- Proactively identify problems/obstacles within projects and provide leadership in identifying resolutions
- Manage project dependencies and the critical path and resolve potential conflicts
- Accountable for on time submission of customer requirements for product launch (Design Review, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), prototype requirements, packing, volume ramp, etc.), and on-budget launch of projects.
- Prepare and transmit submittals (drawings, materials) to client for approval.
- Initiate and support plans and ideas for cost reduction and/or quality improvement measures during the launch process and throughout series production.
- Assist Sales in the day to day duties of administration of launch of specific programs.
- Assist with project related activities that include follow-up from project meetings, project documentation and meeting preparations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Six Sigma (Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or Master Black Belt) training or certification considered an asset.
- Proven working experience in project management in the manufacturing sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in metal fabrication and welding
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience giving presentations to management regarding project results
- Adaptable with often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)