Purpose of Position:
Responsible for programming CNC milling and lathe machines, as well as 2D sheet metal lasers and punch presses.
- Create programs using Creo Complete Machine, MasterCam and other software(s) as needed to operate tool shop and production equipment.
- Ensure complete component meets drawing specifications. Components will primarily be used for jigs, fixtures & gauges, tooling, and production components.
- Programming will including, but may not be limited to, CNC milling and CNC lathe parts, 2-axis and 5-axis laser parts, punch presses, etc.
- Operate each equipment listed above to conduct first-offs for validating programs and/or in-support of capacity demands. Regular operation of CNC equipment may occur depending on work load.
- Provide instruction and guidance to machinists. Receive instruction and guidance from tool makers and engineers.
- Track and log programming and machining activity through the Tool Shop
- Preparing/cutting material in preparation for machining Development of BOMs for prototype, production and quotation activities
- Setup of the CNC milling machine and performing the routine maintenance on the CNC Milling machine.
- Ordering raw material, tools, cutters, and other equipment as required in Tool Shop.
- Working with the Tooling Engineer and Technicians to optimize the designs of the jigs and fixtures.
- Communication and coordination with other departments and vendors, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Experience or training certificate in ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- At least 5 years’ experience in programming
- At least 5 years’ experience operating CNC mills, turning centers/lathes
- At least 5 years’ experience in reading, interpreting or developing G code
Active Exhaust Corp.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active Exhaust Corp. (“Active”) is a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers.
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
Our head office, located in Toronto, Canada, has over 350 employees and we also have our joint ventures in India and China to complement our operations. Visit our website at www.activexhaust.com to learn more about who we are, what we do and why Active is such a great place to work!
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)