Active Exhaust is currently seeking CNC Machinists for the midnight shift.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for operating CNC milling and lathe machines for tools, dies, jigs, fixtures components and various exhaust products.
- Operates CNC mills and lathes, including setup and machining sequences.
- Equipment includes HAAS VF-4 mill, Hurco VM1 mill and Okuma GENOS L300-MYW
- Fabricates tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges, flanges and other parts as needed to the print specifications issued by Engineering.
- Selects proper part holders and tools
- Minor usage of typical tool shop equipment including surface grinders, saws, die grinders, inspection tools, etc.
- Understands GD&T to ASME Y14.5 and machines towards specified requirements in print.
- Reading, interpreting and developing G code for CNC equipment machine
- Confers with engineering design and tooling teams to understand complete requirements and expectations
- Completes & ensures that all necessary reports, tracking sheets & written documentation comply with Active Exhaust policies & procedures.
- Ensures fair treatment of employees consistent with the Employment Standard Act, the Human Rights code, the Active Collective Agreement & Active employee relations policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical Technician Diploma or CNC Machinist Diploma
- Experience or training certificate in ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- At least 5 years’ experience operating CNC mills, turning centers/lathes
- At least 5 years’ experience in reading, interpreting or developing G code
Active Exhaust Corp.
Active Exhaust Corp. is a fast-growing manufacturer of exhaust systems for major global OEMs (non-automotive), with a solid commitment to excellence and innovation. We are a privately owned Canadian company with over 50 years of experience providing excellence in design, testing, engineering and manufacturing to its global customers. We operate from an 180,000 square foot facility, located in Scarborough, Ontario and we also operate production facilities in China and India.
YOU WANT A CAREER WITH ACTIVE EXHAUST… let us tell you why!
Active has solidified its position in the marketplace as a leader in the custom design and manufacturing of exhaust systems for spark ignited and diesel engines. We are industry leaders in a niche market that has seen unprecedented growth, especially over the past several years.
We are proud that our employees enjoy competitive salaries, extended health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, training and development opportunities – as well as our dynamic, fast paced work environment that offers employees a variety of new and unique professional challenges, opportunities for advancement and continuous learning, and plenty of room for growth!
If you are a passionate, intelligent, highly motivated, ambitious, team player looking to add value to a reputable and esteemed organization and make a significant contribution, then we encourage you to check out our current opportunities and submit your profile/resume online.
Company Website: www.activexhaust.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)